Signs that the NCAA Men’s Final Four weekend is coming are everywhere in Dallas and Arlington.
1. Construction began Thursday on the plot of downtown Dallas land where Reunion Arena used to stand, turning it into a concert venue for the three-day March Madness Music Festival, which ends with a Bruce Springsteen concert. (Louis DeLuca/Dallas Morning News)
2. An AT&T/NCAA mural advertisement on a building at the corner of Akard and Patterson streets in downtown Dallas is getting attention. The ad includes a vehicle parked in the lot underneath, seemingly destroyed by a basketball being dunked. (Kye R. Lee/DMN)
3. A Coke/NCAA banner down the front of the W Hotel in Victory Park is hard to miss from miles around. (USA Today Sports)
4. Giant screens were tested Wednesday at AT&T Stadium in Arlington. These screens go under an even bigger screen and help fans closer to the court see the action via monitor. (Michael Ainsworth/DMN)
5. Besides big-screen installation, you wouldn’t believe the preparation that’s beeing going on inside AT&T Stadium (aka Jerry’s World) in Arlington, where the actual basketball part of Final Four takes place. Looking good. (Nathan Hunsinger/DMN).
• What to do, where to go? Visit DFWTourney.com, our guide to all-things FInal Four weekend in D-FW, like dining suggestions, event schedules, stories and other resources.